These cookies are not paleo with gluten-free oats, but you can definitely substitute almond flour for the oats and get an equally yummy result. I just prefer the chewiness of the oats to almond flour or coconut flour. Shout out to @LolaCooks on instagram for the inspiration. I love these for a post-workout boost of glucose for muscle recovery!
(I might make a pumpkin spice version of this tonight... stay tuned...)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats (can substitute with 1/2 cup almond flour plus 1/4 cup coconut flour, but I cannot promise that they will be as awesome as when made with oats!)
- 1 large banana (ripened)
- 1 Tbsp regular gelatin
- Optional add-ins: 1/4 cup chocolate chips, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 cup coconut flakes, 1 Tbsp cacao (pictured), 1/4 dried berries.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix ingredients well. I usually puree the banana with 1/4 cup oats and 1Tbsp gelatin in a food processor, then hand-mix in the rest of the oats and any add-ins.
3. Drop cookie dough by the 1/8 cup-full onto a greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 9-10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
5. Eat! If you like a denser cookie, these are better after 1 hour refrigeration.