I love these gluten-free and healthy red velvet cookies! Based on the original gluten-free gelatin cookies recipe, they taste so decadent and are perfect for the upcoming Valentine's Day if you're looking for the perfect dessert recipe for someone who is health-minded. Plus, they're easy to make and only require a few wholesome ingredients. These are colored with beet juice powder instead of the red food coloring found in the red velvet desserts.
- 3/4 Cup Gluten-Free Oats
- 1 Tbsp Hydrolyzed Gelatin*
- 1 Banana, Ripened
- 1 Tbsp Cacao
- 1/2 Tbsp Beet Juice Powder
- (Optional): 3 Drops Liquid Stevia (I used Vanilla Creme)
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate Chips of Choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix ingredients well. I usually puree the banana with 1/4 cup oats and 1Tbsp gelatin in a food processor, then hand-mix in the rest of the oats, cacao, beet juice powder, stevia, and chocolate chips.
3. Drop cookie dough by the 1/8 cup-full onto a greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 9-10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
*Note: If planning to serve hot, you may use regular gelatin (which makes